samedi 7 mars 2015

Lettre 73 de Padre Pio à Raffaelina Cerase


Pietrelcina, 24 June 1915.

Greetings and good wishes. Turning her thoughts continually to heaven. The weapon of prayer. An offering for Masses.

J . M . J . D . F . C .

Beloved daughter of the heavenly Father,

May the grace of the divine Spirit always triumph in your heart and give you more and more courage to face calmly and cheerfully the war waged by your enemies. This I wish for you from the Lord and as you will understand quite well, my assiduous prayers and fervent wishes for you have no other purpose than to see you holy.

How is your health now? Your illness distresses me more than a little, but since I know what Jesus' express will is, I am resigned and give thanks to Him constantly. If God wills to add corporal fragrance to the spiritual, is this not sufficient to make you as happy as it is possible to be in this valley of exile?

What else can we desire than God's will? What other wish can a soul have when it is consecrated to Him? What else do you desire, then, if not that God's plan may be fulfilled in you? Take courage, therefore, and go forward on the path of divine love, with the firm conviction that the more fully your own will becomes united and and conformed to God's will, the more you will advance towards perfection.

Let us always keep before our eyes the fact that here on earth we are on a battlefield and that in paradise we shall receive the crown of victory; that this is a testing-ground and the prize will be awarded up above; that we are now in a land of exile, while our true homeland is heaven to which we must continually aspire. Let us live, then, Raffaelina, with a lively faith, a firm hope and an ardent love, with eyes fixed on heaven and the keenest desire, as long as we are travellers, to dwell one day in heaven whenever this is pleasing to God.

Let us keep our thoughts, I say, continually fixed on heaven, our true homeland of which this earth is merely an image. Let us be cheerful and calm in all circumstances whether happy or sad as is fitting not merely to every Christian but to a soul that has received special training at the school of suffering.

May the motives of faith and the comfort of Christian hope offer you continual support in all this. If you act in this way the heavenly Father will alleviate your trial with the balm of His goodness and mercy. The holy and beneficent angel of faith, moreover, counsels and urges us to have recourse by insistent humble prayer to this goodness and mercy of the heavenly Father in the firm hope that we shall be heard. In this we are basing our trust on the promise made to us by the divine Master: Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you... Everything that you ask the Father in my name will be given you(1).

Yes, serene in our faith and tranquil in soul let us pray and continue to pray, because intense and fervent prayer pierces the heavens and is backed up by a divine guarantee. Let us pray that peace may be restored to all the countries that are at war. But let us also pray for the souls engaged in spiritual warfare, that they may fight like strong ones.

I hasten to tell you that in the past few days I said the Masses you requested. I realize that you asked me several times already if the offering for this purpose had reached me, but up till now I had forgotten to satisfy your rightful questions. So don't worry, as I have received all.

May I ask you to deliver the enclosed(2) to my Padre Agostino as soon as possible. He'll be in Foggia in the next few days.

I end here as I am hardly able to continue.

I await your news which I hope will be excellent.

Fra Pio.


(1) Mt 7:7; Lk 11:9; cf. Jn 15:16.

(2) On 24 June 1915 Padre Pio wrote to Padre Agostino: " I have decided to write you this letter which for reasons that may already be known to you I am taking the liberty of sending through Raffaelina" (Letters, Vol.I No. 265).

Source : 
Padre Pio of Pietrelcina, Letters II, 
Editions Padre Pio da Pietrelcina, 
Our Lady of grace friary, 
71013 San Giovanni Rotondo (FG), 
Italy. 
www. vocedipadrepio.com (site moderniste, donné uniquement à nos lecteurs s'ils souhaitent un contact pour se procurer les livres, mais pas pour les discours tordus qui sont dessus.)